Why is my oscar not growing..

joshua752

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
United States
Okay awesome good to know! Just was thinking it was healthy but I will forget about it and use krill and crickets! Thanks I just want to do every thing I can to make sure this oscar is big and healthy. He is definitley the star of the tank haha!

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Okay awesome good to know! Just was thinking it was healthy but I will forget about it and use krill and crickets! Thanks I just want to do every thing I can to make sure this oscar is big and healthy. He is definitley the star of the tank haha!
Also, I would get frozen silversides, break a fish piece off, and after defrosting in a ziplock for 24 hours, Cut into pieces with kitchen shears so it can swallow the pieces whole. I’m a firm believer that fish bones, eyes, internal organs help predators grow faster. Rotate with pellets, earth worms/meal worms, krill and insects like crickets

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Everyone’s made solid posts and given good information. Really the only thing I have to add. Is it’s a baby still. I feel like people don’t realize how long a Healthy Oscar can live. For example, both of my Oscars are over 10 years old. One well over. Give him time, and good water conditions, and he’ll grow.

Both my oscars haven’t ever been measured. But I am certain their both over 12 inches.
When I worked downtown there was a public aquarium that had giant oscars, but they're usually at least 7 years old or more.

Jim bean 20055

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2020
Also, I would get frozen silversides, break a fish piece off, and after defrosting in a ziplock for 24 hours, Cut into pieces with kitchen shears so it can swallow the pieces whole. I’m a firm believer that fish bones, eyes, internal organs help predators grow faster. Rotate with pellets, earth worms/meal worms, krill and insects like crickets
where can you get frozen silverslides as I have baby peacock bass and oscars too?

TheHackfish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2020
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store