Why mussel should not be feed to Congo spotted puffer?

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Did it say no salt or no salt added?

Reactions: professorjimjam

fedora

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2021
i feed my 14' Mbu "Molly the Mbu" frozen clams, shirmp, cooked crayfish and yes precooked frozen mussels. Very had any problem. As a long time fishkeeper the best advice I give is to feed a varied diet. Mbu definetly need certain foods to keep their teeth trimmed down.
www.MbuPuffer.com

Reactions: tlindsey

professorjimjam

Dovii
MFK Member
May 26, 2021
i feed my 14' Mbu "Molly the Mbu" frozen clams, shirmp, cooked crayfish and yes precooked frozen mussels. Very had any problem. As a long time fishkeeper the best advice I give is to feed a varied diet. Mbu definetly need certain foods to keep their teeth trimmed down.
www.MbuPuffer.com
thanks. But my fishes are not Mbu , they are Congo spotted puffers. The research saya if you give them mussels , you will kill them. And I have experienced that in its practicality.
Mbu is a different species, and it can eat mussel

Reactions: tlindsey

fedora

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2021
thanks. But my fishes are not Mbu , they are Congo spotted puffers. The research saya if you give them mussels , you will kill them. And I have experienced that in its practicality.
Mbu is a different species, and it can eat mussel
Professor - Sorry to hear the problem with your Congo spotted puffers. Research is one thing, but first-hand experience like you've had is much more valuable. I wasn't aware of the difference results between the Congo spotted puffer vs. Mbu Puffers. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: professorjimjam
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store