Why my endlicheris' tail like this ?

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
So ive had these endli's for about a year now. They are all fine and are eating very well. But one day i noticed two of my endli's tail was split. So i thoughf yea maybe they had a bit of a fight and it will recover soon. But months and months past, their split tail nver got back together. I dont know why. The are all healthy though. Anyone ever experienced this before?

IMG20190915215245.jpg

IMG20190915215201.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d assume it’s a very clean bite off. If it’s at the base it may not grow back. By the looks I’d expect it to grow back but guess not.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
So ive had these endli's for about a year now. They are all fine and are eating very well. But one day i noticed two of my endli's tail was split. So i thoughf yea maybe they had a bit of a fight and it will recover soon. But months and months past, their split tail nver got back together. I dont know why. The are all healthy though. Anyone ever experienced this before?

View attachment 1388251

View attachment 1388252

I had one with this split tail. Didn’t see any signs of healing. There’s usually a thin membrane in between the splits that develop. Didn’t see any so....... I cut the tail. The 4” cb Endli I had grew it back within weeks and normal again in a month. It’s up to u and pretty easy. I’ll try to dig up pics and show u the before and after.

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I had one with this split tail. Didn’t see any signs of healing. There’s usually a thin membrane in between the splits that develop. Didn’t see any so....... I cut the tail. The 4” cb Endli I had grew it back within weeks and normal again in a month. It’s up to u and pretty easy. I’ll try to dig up pics and show u the before and after.
Give me some pics of which part u cut it.. Thank you very much ?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Give me some pics of which part u cut it.. Thank you very much ?
Can’t find them but I only resorted to cutting the tail after observing the split. As stated the thin membrane that’s a sign of healing didn’t show up. So I cut it and round out the top and bottom so it wouldn’t look ridiculous. Lol

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
Can’t find them but I only resorted to cutting the tail after observing the split. As stated the thin membrane that’s a sign of healing didn’t show up. So I cut it and round out the top and bottom so it wouldn’t look ridiculous. Lol
Really hard for me to imagine which part u cut ?? can you mark which part u cut in my picture?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Really hard for me to imagine which part u cut ?? can you mark which part u cut in my picture?

I assure u. Bichirs have amazing healing abilities. It’s pretty simple. Just have a wet thin cloth or thick napkin to hold the Endli. Don’t squeeze too hard and u have total control once wrapped. Use a good pair of scissors and it will cut easily. It should resolve the permanent split tail. Don’t cut it straight up and down. Have a little curvature to it. Otherwise it just looks silly, lol.

23FD9919-6750-4065-9CAD-1F7C3A76072A.jpeg

Reactions: flowerhornfishman

flowerhornfishman

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2013
Malaysia
I assure u. Bichirs have amazing healing abilities. It’s pretty simple. Just have a wet thin cloth or thick napkin to hold the Endli. Don’t squeeze too hard and u have total control once wrapped. Use a good pair of scissors and it will cut easily. It should resolve the permanent split tail. Don’t cut it straight up and down. Have a little curvature to it. Otherwise it just looks silly, lol.

View attachment 1388314
Thaank youu sooo much. I'll try this. Hopefully it will heal back perfectly. I nver trim bichirs before only flowerhorns ? i'll update once it healed back. Thank you again

Reactions: Vancouver_98683
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store