Why polys are addicting??

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I remember when i first got my 75g, and i was thinking what fish im going to get, im not intrested in cichlids, i dont want any more catfish, aro grows to big, and i remember my uncles dragon fin. So i watch youtube during break and lunch time, told myself im going to buy 8 dragon fin, then the rest is history:D

Reactions: clm08k and tlindsey

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I wouldn't say I'm addicted lol. Intrigued is a better word. The prehistoric look and ease of care. There just a fish you can have many of with few worries. I will say I do get the feeling of once I got one I wanted one of every species. Which is why it has kind of turned to an all or none thing with me.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
My wife started it all. I was more into cichlids. She came home from running some errands and said she saw a fish that looked like a dinosaur amd wanted it which was odd since she could care less for our fish other than the pearsei. It ended up being a del. We were instantly hooked.

The prehistoric look did us in and like moe said you can keep them in groups with relative ease... a far cry from the craziness i experienced with cichlids.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I don't get the whole poly thing with you guys, but I've also never had one either. Maybe one of these days I'll dwell into "the other dark side" to see if it'll do anything for me

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store