Why soes everybody think Dats are slow growers?

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
I see here in a couple threads that alot of people have posted that dats are slow growers. the three wide bars that I had in the past grew very quickly from 2" to about 6-7" on jumbo sticks and silversides ( about 3-4 months in a 210g oceanic). When you mean slow do you mean slow like clown loaches? Lets here about some growth rates.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
R'OC;728269; said:
grew very quickly from 2" to about 6-7" in about 3-4 months
:liar: :screwy:

j/k

thats some serious growth...

what was your water changing schedule at the time?

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
No Bullsh*t maybe it was a little longer but definetley inside 6 months. They were all the size of my hand when I got rid of them all before I moved. I'm no fisherman man

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
for three small datnoid in a big tank it will influence the growth. water change, filter, and feeding habbit really is a big deal. my datnoid does not grow that fast like what you said. mine got 2" bigger for more than 1/2 a year. i don't know how you got them that fast but mine were 6" already plus the 2" growth.:)

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
20%-30% every week. Had massive filtration on it: a wet dry rated for a 300g w/ 2 iwaki 40 pumps pushing it, a ocean clear with a pleated cartrige and a big bag of carbon changed every other h2o change( the carbon every 2 weeks, the cartrige replaced with a clean one every week, and two merlin sand filters.
I fed ALOT too though, It was to hard to say no :), when they all were beggin like they do, so just about every time I walked by the tank I through a half a hand full in :)

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
rkc772, they were in there with a bunch of other fish, More thatn I wann list or think about right now, still kinda sore I had to get rid of it all, my pride and joy ya know

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
wish I had fish right now... soon though, as soon as I get my damn floor done :(

R'OC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2007
Richmond
Water changes man. Gets em going good

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
R'OC;728269; said:
I see here in a couple threads that alot of people have posted that dats are slow growers. the three wide bars that I had in the past grew very quickly from 2" to about 6-7" on jumbo sticks and silversides ( about 3-4 months in a 210g oceanic). When you mean slow do you mean slow like clown loaches? Lets here about some growth rates.

they grow fast upto 6-7inch then slow right down in growth

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store