Wife got me a flowerhorn for Valentine's Day....

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
So back around Valentine's Day my wife picked me up a flowerhorn... because I apparently don't have enough cichlids. Anyway, on her way home she sent me the first picture... I told her to take the poor beat up fish back... well she kind of got a little PO'd at me for telling me to take her v-Day present back lol. Once I got him into a tank I started treating him for his open wounds and torn fins. 3 weeks later he's turning into a good looking little fish. At around 3" he's really turning around. Let me know what you think of the little guy =]

IMG_4975.JPG

IMG_4973.JPG

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I told her to take the poor beat up fish back... well she kind of got a little PO'd at me for telling me to take her v-Day present back lol.
So, is she talking to you yet? LOL

FH looks good!

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Well you and your wife officially saved that flowerhorns life. He was in rough shape!!!!! He's looking good. Nice kok starting to form as well.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Settling well into his new home =] ordered some grand sumo red to hopefully bring out some of this guys red colors. Worst case scenario if it doesn't work atleast it's about the same price as the hikari bio gold he's eating now lol

IMG_5105.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Settling well into his new home =] ordered some grand sumo red to hopefully bring out some of this guys red colors. Worst case scenario if it doesn't work atleast it's about the same price as the hikari bio gold he's eating now lol

Nice job with him. He's looking good. I'm wondering if is head is going to pop out and turn into a descent sized water kok. Can he see any other fish in the tank he is in? ? As far as the food goes, even if the Grand Sumo Red doesn't bring out anymore red it will at least vary his diet. I change pellet types every few months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store