Wild Caught Kelberi with weird eyes, possible buy.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
Hmm I just got a Kel but I can still get this one..... I think I may do it as I've never had a problem with feeding live and I feed 3,4, and even 5 times a day sometimes and I do small daily waters changes.... I think I'm going to grab him afterall.

VickyChaitea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2012
New England
I think in the first picture it may have been a bad angle making him look skinny. But if he was eating and still that thin then it's likely he had internal parasites, which seems really likely because he's wild caught. If I where you I would have quarantined him and treated him right away for that.

I agree, he is more than likely blind in that eye. Not a big problem though, I've had a surprising amount of fish that had a bad or damaged eye and they do fine.

He looks way better in that updated picture. I'm not familiar with that species but he's gorgeous.

arowanaryan

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2011
North Attleboro
I think in the first picture it may have been a bad angle making him look skinny. But if he was eating and still that thin then it's likely he had internal parasites, which seems really likely because he's wild caught. If I where you I would have quarantined him and treated him right away for that.

I agree, he is more than likely blind in that eye. Not a big problem though, I've had a surprising amount of fish that had a bad or damaged eye and they do fine.

He looks way better in that updated picture. I'm not familiar with that species but he's gorgeous.
The picture is from the same day...and its not my fish yet opt else I would have quarantined him...however an earlier poster said why he looks the way he does now and it was not a parasitic issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store