Wild caught temensis peacock bass pair

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Hmmm. I’m in Denver right now at a conference. Wonder if I could sneak these onto the plane tomorrow? Lol. But seriously what size of tank do people keep these monsters in? I read they grow to 3+ feet long?

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
Why would you have to sneak them on the plane? Pay the $35 and check them like baggage? We can pack them in styrofoam with heat. I typically would not ship bass this size but if you're boarding with them and getting off with them depending upon where you're flying it's only a few hours in a box. I currently have them and a 6-foot Aquarium with a dozen monsters as a holding tank for what I am selling. Doing water changes daily and the bass are going through the spawning dance even with 2 foot catfish on top of them. But to answer your question long-term these fish would need a minimum of 300 gallons depending upon the footprint. 500 gallons would be better and the zoo or public Aquarium would be best. They were brought in quite small and accept prepared foods so they may not remember what life is like and their natural environment

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Why would you have to sneak them on the plane? Pay the $35 and check them like baggage? We can pack them in styrofoam with heat. I typically would not ship bass this size but if you're boarding with them and getting off with them depending upon where you're flying it's only a few hours in a box. I currently have them and a 6-foot Aquarium with a dozen monsters as a holding tank for what I am selling. Doing water changes daily and the bass are going through the spawning dance even with 2 foot catfish on top of them. But to answer your question long-term these fish would need a minimum of 300 gallons depending upon the footprint. 500 gallons would be better and the zoo or public Aquarium would be best. They were brought in quite small and accept prepared foods so they may not remember what life is like and their natural environment
Oh wow. I had no idea you can travel with fish on a commercial flight. That is good to know.!No space for these now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store