Will it be murder by Armatus?

hmoobvwj

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
WISCONSIN
True that! Last pictures looks like the mob of polys are running for their lives while the shoal of killers approaches!:ROFL:

Love the shot man!

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Cool fliks House.
I have to say its a matter of time before the small pollys disapear. My last guy when he was about 10-12" he ate a 6-7" Common pleco. Plecos body frame is bigger than pollys and have rougher skin than them too.
I think what set it off was the fact that I was starving him to get him off live foods, but just to know that he ate a very good size fish tells me those pollys are def ganna be eaten... just a matter of when (plus the growth rate on both species is just crazy... Tortoise and the Hair)

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I had 4 armatus about 4-5" along with 50 endlies from about 3-6", before I knew it, I lost about 10 endlies (I counted them after seeing an endli tail sticking out of armatus mouth).

The problem is when the endlies swiimming around the mid to upper column, the armatus takes it as food.

Keep the smaller polys out and leave the larger one in there, if they are the same size, you'll be fine. Get the skinnies ones out.

stan

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
nice armatus school!:drool:
they should be fine,ive never heard of problems with polys,even bite sized ones,with armatus.

House 64

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2006
An island somewhere......
Thanks guys! Stan... I pulled the littler ones out. The ones that appear to be small enough to be devoured! Anything shorter than 7" was pulled. So far so good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store