Will they live?

Ikhan Bettah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2005
Ohio
www.sinnfein.ie
Hi my husband is encouraging me to post on here for help with my plants in my ten gallon. It is just some common grass, and my light broke, we couldn't get a new light for a few days, but we just bought a new flourescent light today. The plants do NOT look good and are all stringy and white, will they come back to life? :help2:

tyson

Stingray Master
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Tropical Island
arowanaclub.com
I am sure they will.

How long do you leave the light on for??

Do trim off the leaves which have turned.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
I would cut all the grass leaves off. What kind of light did you have?? Plants need a 6500K - 6700K light bulb to really prosper. Also do you use fertilizers for them??

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
They may, leave lights on a lot, and use some supplements for the best chance.

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
Ikhan Bettah said:
Hi my husband is encouraging me to post on here for help with my plants in my ten gallon. It is just some common grass, and my light broke, we couldn't get a new light for a few days, but we just bought a new flourescent light today. The plants do NOT look good and are all stringy and white, will they come back to life? :help2:
sounds like they lacking iron

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
use iron supplement, 12-14 hrs of light, WATERchange twice a week and cut off dead leaves should recover greatly.

maizu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Colorado
I agree... just a little time without light probably wasn't the only problem... trying some fert with iron should help. I've had plants come back after much more stressful treatments - including bleaching... so yours should be fine :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store