Woke up this morning to the tank completely cloudy!? Help please

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
I have a 75g that Is about 10 days into its cycle, some ammonia present. I did a small water change last night and now this morning the tank is so foggy you can barely see into it. I have cycled many tanks in the past and never seen this. Should I do a giant water change or let it be. There are 3 pbass in there cycling which are all ok. What should I do?

F

FishHeadSoup

sounds like a possible bacteria bloom....you could do another water change if you like or give it some time.

did you clean out your filter during the change?

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
no just about 30%of the water and a couple obvious pieces of crap. Its got a wet/dry on it

Timmy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
On Mother EARTH
dont do any water changes. You will prolong the cycle. I have cycled many tanks, some get cloudy soem dont.

KJP

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
Cincinnati
Timmy said:
dont do any water changes. You will prolong the cycle. I have cycled many tanks, some get cloudy soem dont.
I'm with Timmy i would let it cycle all the way before i even looked at it again. Is it by any direct sunlight?

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
almost done with cycle

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I would not do any extra water changes other than your scheduled ones, I would also not add any more fish for now and would probably throw in a couple airstones or a powerhead as the extra surface turn over seem to speed up the clearing process.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store