Wolf Cichlid, Parachromis Dovii

Chaseg53

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group so I just thought I would drop a few pictures of my wolf Cichlid to see what you guys think. Feel free to share photos of yours if you own one. I was thinking about getting him a female. IMG_1983.JPGIMG_1995.JPG IMG_1996.JPGIMG_1997.PNG

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I recommend 2 or 3 very small females. Let him pick his favorite, sell on others on craigslist or give to friends. A small female will be able to out manoeuvre him and fit where he can't. No matter how strong dovii bond normally the male gets too anxious to spawn or female gets too mean after spawn and with substantial size difference that is no longer an issue. Dovii can spawn at 3 inches...just make sure new females don't fit into his mouth.

Reactions: Chaseg53 and dan518

cichlidiot86

Feeder Fish
Dec 16, 2017
inverness scotland
Hi im new to this site. and i cant find a thread about this question. I have a female dovii around 6 inches and a male red bay snook around 7 inches. they have both been digging pits. chasing each other and flaring gills they appear to be flirting.I was just wondering if it could be possible that they may spawn as i know ca cichlids do interbreed. Has anyone heard of these 2 types interbreeding. They are both "guapote"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store