wolf eggs

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
wow, are the eggs the red colored ones? congratulations :thumbsup: .. and you've got tankmates with them as well, hope there's no aggression :)

KILLER FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
michigan
wow, are the eggs the red colored ones?.. and you've got tankmates with them as well, hope there's no aggression
yes, the white ones are unfertilized. that picture with the odoes was takin before the eggs were laid, they had every fish pushed to the oppisite side of the tank. i took em out as soon as i saw the eggs.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
thats crazy man..has there been any other accounts of wolves breeding in captivity...didnt think they did..also have the babys eaten yet..

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
That is amazing! How did you achieve that? water parameters? tank size, fish size? how many wolves did you start with and how did you notice a pairing? any distinguishing features between the male and female?

I think they might be Hoplias Malabaricus... or macropthalmus. Great job! keep us posted :)

KILLER FISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
michigan
thats crazy man..has there been any other accounts of wolves breeding in captivity
i have only heard about this happening once before.

That is amazing! How did you achieve that?
i didn't do anything ''special'', just provided a good clean atmosphere for them, which is how my piranha bred too. i got in an order of 8 10'' wolves, i only ordered 4 or 5 because i only had an available 90 gal, so i really didn't have the room for 8 10'' wolves, but who am i to complain :D. so i'm sorry but i can't provide a whole lot of info on the leading up to the breeding because i wasn't paying a whole lot of extra attention to them with 60 other tanks to attend to. i will post some pics of the fry in a little bit.

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
What are you planning to do with the fry? I wouldn't mind buying a few if thats good with you. Shoot me a PM if you want to sell any.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store