wolf fish and lights

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I'm not sure if this should go in the set up and filtration section or not. I was wondering if I could get away with just running my two blue led lights for my wolf fish? I have a standard 35 W bulb for the tank now but wasn't sure if I should just use that light when I want to observe him and keep the blue led's on a timer? Considering the fish is nocturnal he may enjoy the darker lighting. What do you all think?​

tropheus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
there is no reason why you cannot do this , unless of course your planted . you dont HAVE TO run any lights at all , they are there for your viewing pleasure , normal daylight will provide all the light a fresh water fish NEEDS . as long as the tank receives some light either daylight or artificial it will be fine . as long as the fish can determine between night and day that is all it needs .

cheers col

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
Well, both of my tanks are located in the basement so they are not receiving any light from outside BUT the 72 gal tank will have light on it during the day and I"m assuming that the wolf fish could see this and relate it to day time. Not only that but his led lighting would come on during the day as well. I may try it out and just use the fluro lighting for my viewing pleasure.

sevendreamz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
Greensboro
tropheus;2406780; said:
there is no reason why you cannot do this , unless of course your planted . you dont HAVE TO run any lights at all , they are there for your viewing pleasure , normal daylight will provide all the light a fresh water fish NEEDS . as long as the tank receives some light either daylight or artificial it will be fine . as long as the fish can determine between night and day that is all it needs .

cheers col

Well put, as long as the wolf can distinguish between night and day everything should be ok....

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It should be fine. They don't like light, so keeping it dim would be in their best interest.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store