Wolf fish info.Please?

nixdon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
highlands
I am facinated by rare predatory fish. Recently i've been thinking about a wolf fish but don't really know much about them. My partner scoffed at the idea and said i'd be daft to get one. Does any body have any info and would I be able to keep them with tank mates?

ironmunki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2007
maryland
i've had success keeping them with each other and bichirs. the wolf species i keep are gold wolves and rainbow wolves NOT the common wolves. i hear the common wolves are alot more territorial and may not allow tankmates.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
depends on the wolf species

you won't find an aimara

common wolfs get around 18'' and are pretty territorial and are usually very aggressive and can't be kept with tank mates and are pretty lazy

gold wolf fish will get around 12''-14'' if i remember right and are one of the most active wolf fish they have been kept with other fish but can be aggressive from what i've been told

rainbow/ red high fin wolfs are said to be more active then common but not as active as golds they will get around 8'' and can also be kept with some tankmates but can also be pretty aggressive

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
killerfish;1724356; said:
depends on the wolf species

you won't find an aimara

common wolfs get around 18'' and are pretty territorial and are usually very aggressive and can't be kept with tank mates and are pretty lazy

gold wolf fish will get around 12''-14'' if i remember right and are one of the most active wolf fish they have been kept with other fish but can be aggressive from what i've been told

rainbow/ red high fin wolfs are said to be more active then common but not as active as golds they will get around 8'' and can also be kept with some tankmates but can also be pretty aggressive
pretty much sums it up.
except gold wolves get to around 18 inches sometimes.
and common wolves get to 20 inches plus.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store