Nov 13, 2005
portugal
my god!!:headbang2

barracudauk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
UK
Has anyone got any advise on what fish can be kept with wolves and the best way of introducing them to community tanks?

Hypancistrus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2005
USA
barracudauk;657838; said:
Has anyone got any advise on what fish can be kept with wolves and the best way of introducing them to community tanks?
From what I have read (and this thread confirms it) seems like very little... the Common Wolves, especially, are incredibly aggressive. I've read that the smaller wolves, like the Hi-fin red, are both smaller and "less aggressive" and can be kept with other suitably sized aggressive predators.

kane1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2006
england
barracudauk i currently have 2 silver dollars with my remaining wolf fish the female died, the silver dollars have been in there before i got the wolf fish however i did have one episode where the female had one of the silver dollars in its mouth had to get in there with a net to save it!!

I used to have two 13" knife fish with my wolves they got beaten up quite badly, i had to get rid of them before they got killed.

i think you may be able to keep other fish as long the wolves are brought fairly young, with mature wolves you may struggle especially with fish that are seen as food competition or a threat, i think wolf fish can over power and kill most fish including piranha, large cichlids and snake heads.

its always a risk mixing any fish with wolves its trial and error mate sorry cant be anymore help

kane:headbang2 :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store