wolf fish?

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
what is the scientific name for the common wolf fish? are there ne other names to it? like grey wolf fish? what is there potential size? do u think i could keep 2 together wid some gars? ne one also know what their growth rate is after a foot?

thanks!

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
what do u think about keepin 2 together? im trying to stick wid 2 if possible but i know that one or 3 or more is a better choice.

kapster76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
MASS
i have seen that wolf fish do not get along with each other. They get to over 2 feet long if the tank is good size and good water quality. And they are hoplias malabaricus for a a common.

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
so u think one is juss enough? i wanted to get like 3 so it'll even out tha fighting and plus there boring as ne thing until feeding time.

SLANTED

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
What size tank do you have? I have seen 2-3 malabaricus kept to together for sometime but it is a temporary deal as they can reach 30"( depending on the variant). Hard to keep anything with a 2'+ mal.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
ey *****....i am not familiar with hoplias malabaricus. I had one at about 12 inches and all he did was try to eat my Black Rhom. Also, I know that Jonathan (SLANTED) has kept quite a few over the last years. An swer his question and lets go from there...

black_monster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
NoVA
im gettin a 125 or something like that soon for my arowana and tsn. tank i'll be using will be there old 75g for awhile. can u tell me tha growth rate on these guys? if they grow slow i might get a couple, if not then probably juss one. im gettin these guys in at foot or maybe 10".

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
the aro and tsn will ge way too big for the 125 anyways. You should just wait to get a bigger tank. The smaller step tanks can get really expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store