Woman charged with smuggling fish in skirt

nick

Candiru
MFK Member
May 1, 2005
meriden ,ct
guess it was the lady eh?

breather bags, u wouldnt hear any splashing pluss the fish get air/are in smaller bags

iheartfishies

Im Angie
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Northern VA
vvvp.dynu.com
****!
That sucks!!
I would of just offered the dude an any hole deal.

I think I saw those plecos last weekend,
Plekoras or something. :1zhelp:

The TRUST

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2005
Miami, FL
Rocky,

Looks like it could very well be the woman you know.

-------------------------

Illegal arrivals netted at Melbourne Airport - Tuesday, 7th June 2005

Customs officers at Melbourne International Airport have discovered 51 live tropical fish allegedly concealed beneath the skirt of a female passenger.
On Friday, Customs officers selected a 43-year-old woman from Rosanna in Victoria for a baggage examination after she arrived on a flight from Singapore.

During the search, Customs officers became suspicious after hearing 'flipping' noises coming from the vicinity of her waist. An examination revealed 15 plastic water-filled bags holding fish allegedly concealed inside a purpose-built apron.

The fish, which have yet to be identified, could have posed potentially serious quarantine, environmental and health risks had they not been seized by Customs.

Yesterday, a search warrant was executed on a house at Rosanna where another five fish were seized.

This is the second seizure of live fish at Melbourne Airport in recent months. In March, Customs officers stopped an alleged attempt to smuggle rare Asian Arowana fish by an airline crewmember.

"Wildlife trafficking is a cruel practice, as many of the offenders ignore the health and well-being of the animals by packing them tightly in small areas for long periods of time," said Acting Regional Director Jaclyne Fisher.

Under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999, the maximum penalty for smuggling wildlife is a fine of up to $110,000 and/or imprisonment for up to 10 years.

"Customs encourages anyone who has information about the illegal importation of exportation of wildlife to contact the Customs Hotline on 1800 06 1800," said Ms Fisher.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store