Wooden Tank

mbierzyc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
uk
fry can definitely get through holes in egg crate. if you're only filling water to 20", you can attach something on each side of the egg crate near the top to hold it in place, and use rocks near the bottom.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I use aquarium silicone to glue two plastic rods to the glass far enough apart to let the eggcrate slide between them, then do the same on the opposite side and just slide the eggcrate down into place between them. this is very secure and it is easy to remove the sheets for cleaning, and it is not hard to remove the rods and silicone if you don't want the dividers anymore. Average size on the smaller grid egg crate is 1/2" which is good for most cichlids and medium to large fish, (it it sturdy enough to withstand a determined attack from a 14" rpb or a 36" american eel.) If you get fry or very small fish get some appropriately size plastic screening an d silicone it to the grid. That will reduce the water flow a bit but a lot less than those white plastic perforated sheets the lfs sells (which an 8" oscar can break through), again when you no longer need the screening the silicone can be removed with a plastic window frost scraper and white vinegar.
As an aside has anyone ever used white vinegar to adjust ph?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
The plywood going on the inside of the studs?

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
you mean the foundation, yeahhh, plywood on top of the studs, thought you were asking about the rest of the setup

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
nice looking

bigger pics

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
rayman45 said:
nice looking

bigger pics

sorry, i wish i could post bigger pics, but i had to use a web cam, andddddd its really old so the pics arent really big to begin with. :( . Tomorrow, we're gonna put the plywood surrounding the frame and add in the pond liner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store