Woops

Sylvias

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Somewhere
well... damn USARK auctions.....
We had some cool stuff up for auction today at the repticon show but people were being cheap.... so when it came to a pretty nice Sling and people where going in ONE dollar increments I decided to throw in a bid to try and get things moving.... around the time someone said $7 I went ahead and said to put me in for $10.... well.... no one outbid me so I am now the somewhat proud owner of a P. striata.... also known as a Mysore ornamental....
and for those who have no idea what I am talking about.... it is a particularly potent tarantula. Not anything that can kill you but will give a hell of a bite lol
It's still a baby so it will be cool to see it grow but definitely not the best first Tarantula lol
I honestly thought someone would outbid me... >.> oh well.....
So yeah! First T.... alright....this should be fun.
Will post pics when I get em... This is obviously something my anti-living-thing mother will not know about but I am moving out in 1.5 months so she doesn't have to know!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Nice move! hahaha should've made that move on a reptile, man bugs give me the creeps.

I don't think I could ever own a tarantula, I'm permanently traumatized by watching 'Arachnophobia' as a kid.

Sylvias

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Somewhere
I grew up on movies like that lol anaconda, lake placid, jaws.... all classics :)

and there weren't really any reptiles that interested me except the high dollar ones but I can't afford anymore high dollar animals right now lol

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
aha sounds like something id do...hence i dont go to auctions haha.
but tbh iv learnt with Ts that u never REALLY need to hold them, which is great for me because im scared of them ha.
good luck hun, should be great to watch grow up x

Sylvias

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2010
Somewhere
It's adorable! I am not sure I want to test the bite on myself though..... but I am sure that I have a friend somewhere stupid enough to do what i say when I tell em to close their eyes and hold their hands out lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store