World record flathead controversy?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Took him about 25 minutes till finally get its head up the hole. He got a replica mount with the the crappie jig in its mouth.
Cool, keep wanting to head to lake Mary for northerns , no good fishing spots nearby lol

BTG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2018
Cool, keep wanting to head to lake Mary for northerns , no good fishing spots nearby lol
The northern population around me is starting to make a comeback as more fish and larger specimens are being caught each year. I saw easily a 45 inch fish on one of the lakes last summer!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
I caught several 40+ LB Grass Carp on 2lb test in a lake, currently hold the IGFA World Line Class Record for Grass Carp too, it is a fight for sure. I once used Berkley 2lb test and landed a 47lb Grass Carp and didn't get the record as the line tested higher than 2lb, it was around 3.5lb test. I use Ande now. Many saltwater fish on 2lb test are caught over 100lbs, it's easy in open water when you can just follow the fish around in the boat till its ready to give up, on land its a different story. I had a fish on for over 6 hours 5 years ago, never knew what it was as the line finally broke, sure it was a catfish but will never know for sure.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I caught several 40+ LB Grass Carp on 2lb test in a lake, currently hold the IGFA World Line Class Record for Grass Carp too, it is a fight for sure. I once used Berkley 2lb test and landed a 47lb Grass Carp and didn't get the record as the line tested higher than 2lb, it was around 3.5lb test. I use Ande now. Many saltwater fish on 2lb test are caught over 100lbs, it's easy in open water when you can just follow the fish around in the boat till its ready to give up, on land its a different story. I had a fish on for over 6 hours 5 years ago, never knew what it was as the line finally broke, sure it was a catfish but will never know for sure.
If you ever want to break your current record I know a place

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
If you ever want to break your current record I know a place
Where is that at? I have a place right by me but haven't tried since I got the record. It's very tedious from tying on the hook to bringing the fish in.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Where is that at? I have a place right by me but haven't tried since I got the record. It's very tedious from tying on the hook to bringing the fish in.
You'd have to get permission first but it's in Missouri , used to be a truly massive seven footer plus several fish between 3 and five foot.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store