would this mix of shrimp be ill advised? (blue bolt, crystal red, and tiger)

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
let me rephrase the question does anyone know what would result from a king kong x tiger or a shadow panda x tiger?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I think you are looking for an answer that very few people know. Not many keep solely shrimp, or are into shrimp. The mfkers who responded to you would be my top choice if I were looking for information. No need to disrespect them. We've given you a clear hypothesis. `But go ahead and try it. Who knows. They may come out neon yellow or maybe have a rainbow on them.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I’ve not mixed species personally, but from what i do know about cross breeding species is that it is usually done very selectively with a lot of off-spring being culled when the patterns / colors are not up to expectation of the breeder...

so really depends what you are after as the end result and what you hope to do with them?

Most shrimp keepers i used to know tended to be quite picky about what they stock and to create a line of top quality cross bred shrimp can take many years of selective breeding and culling before they become stable enough to constantly have the genetic traits people are looking for...

just my 0.02 cents worth...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store