would you feed public pond fishes?

-Asianguy-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2006
Honolulu
I subscribe to netflix. and often i go to the post office where there is a couple koi ponds. the fish always seem hungry. More than most other koi ponds i know.

Now i'm on the way to the pet store to buy critter food and fish food. I'm thinking about buying some koi food to give them when i drop of my mail.

As a fish owner i wouldn't want other people to feed my fish. but these guys are just so cool and always seem hungry.

I'm thinking i'll just throw in a couple pellets for each fish. or something. Just so i don't really ruin their diet.

I know the ponds have been there for a long time. but they also have a few ponds that are dry and empty. i'm goint to speculate now but something tells me that who ever is in charge of the koi doesn't know much about it. I know they probly have a pond/ fish expert that may come to clean once in a while. its usually the maintainance guy who takes care of them on a daily basis.

what do you guys think over all, should i feed them once in a while?

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
-Asianguy-;762730; said:
I subscribe to netflix. and often i go to the post office where there is a couple koi ponds. the fish always seem hungry. More than most other koi ponds i know.

Now i'm on the way to the pet store to buy critter food and fish food. I'm thinking about buying some koi food to give them when i drop of my mail.

As a fish owner i wouldn't want other people to feed my fish. but these guys are just so cool and always seem hungry.

I'm thinking i'll just throw in a couple pellets for each fish. or something. Just so i don't really ruin their diet.

I know the ponds have been there for a long time. but they also have a few ponds that are dry and empty. i'm goint to speculate now but something tells me that who ever is in charge of the koi doesn't know much about it. I know they probly have a pond/ fish expert that may come to clean once in a while. its usually the maintainance guy who takes care of them on a daily basis.

what do you guys think over all, should i feed them once in a while?
I think you should try talking to the person in charge of the ponds first.

Razman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
NoVa
netflix rules, and i agree with fishcatch, ask the post office people.

carolinafishkeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2007
the carolinas
yeah, :iagree: would hate to see ya judge judy, just ask first

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Ask the people that own them, I am sure they won't mind. The Koi in the store don't get fed, we have a vending machine, the customers feed them. They don't eat much on weekdays, then get gorged on the weekends. Stupid kids drop pellets all over the floor.

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
yeah man you should assk first

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store