WOW.. what kind of asian arowana is this?

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
A mutant. Some kind of leucistic disorder.

A definition of man-handling imho :)

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Legit.

I was equally impressed by the handler's technique of immobilising and displaying the aro between his fingers.
They're handled so much when they're so special... They become tame to handling. Same with quality Flowerhorn that are special out of the bunch(no not that one picked up at the fish store). You can pet them. Do whatever you want to them. They don't care. Since they've been special since small. They're used to people handling them at that point. And obviously there's a technique for handling a specific type of fish you learn.

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They're handled so much when they're so special... They become tame to handling. Same with quality Flowerhorn that are special out of the bunch(no not that one picked up at the fish store). You can pet them. Do whatever you want to them. They don't care. Since they've been special since small. They're used to people handling them at that point. And obviously there's a technique for handling a specific type of fish you learn.
Lol,well thanks for explaining all of that.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Lol,well thanks for explaining all of that.

I didn't mean that post in a bad way btw... Just experience. For anyone who doesn't know these fish are raised on farms in ponds... Believe me fish that are worth big $$ get selected out early, handled alot to try to sell and get pics of traits. They are the big $$$ for the farm.

They handle it bunches up til you buy it. To check it, just to microchip or get pics for a previous buyer that was interested, or for whatever reason. Fish get used to it.

Fish are like dogs in more ways than one.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Al
I didn't mean that post in a bad way btw... Just experience. For anyone who doesn't know these fish are raised on farms in ponds... Believe me fish that are worth big $$ get selected out early, handled alot to try to sell and get pics of traits. They are the big $$$ for the farm.

They handle it bunches up til you buy it. To check it, just to microchip or get pics for a previous buyer that was interested, or for whatever reason. Fish get used to it.

Fish are like dogs in more ways than one.
Yeah all of that makes plenty of sense and is almost obvious,in fact.

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
My my, what a beauty that one is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store