wow what should i do?

d20monsteroscar20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Missouri City, TX
Wow! you wont believe this. for many months I have been trying to get a breeding pair of Red Zebras. I brought a female two weeks ago to be with a male that I had previously. then this monday I got one female and one male.
For my suprise the first female red zebra i brought was eggs in her mouth. now if I m debating whether i should take her from my main tank and put her into a 10 gallon or something like that so the other fishes wont eat the frys. However I m scared that by changing the fish to a new tank i will kill her and the eggs inside her mouth.
Can someone help? is she going to be ok if i place her into a new tank?

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
she will be fine if you place her in a new tank.

many people pry the female's mouth open with tweezers to remove the eggs/fry, so that the young can be raised on their own and save the female some hunger issues, but she should be fine either way

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
not a big deal if you dont. Anyway, move her into a separate tank if you want, shell be fine

d20monsteroscar20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
Missouri City, TX
Hey just wanted to let you know that today while vacuming one of my small tanks, the one I had the Red Zebra I saw about 10 or more frys swiming around. At first wen I moved her to my 55 gallon tank I tought there were only one or two frys, but I was glad to c them swiming around. I guess thats it with cichlids I now can say I accomplish my dreams/hopes. tanx for the help.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
glad to hear it. Good luck in raising the fry, hopefully nothing eats them (or they eat themselves!). I'd stick with just feeding them crumbled up fish flakes.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
good job

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store