WTB: 50~ Guppies

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
Honestly tho. Just buy six guppies of the same strain that you like and give them a good home. Two males and 4 females. Put a lot of plants like java moss, susswasertang, java fern windelov, just pack the tank with plants, or even just float some black matala mat like you see in the background of my pictures. This is only to give the babies a hiding spot. Let them hide and I promise you will have 50 within two months.
Guppies-just add water.

JunhoxPark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
they aren’t going to be for food, i just wanted some guppies from a actual fishkeeper because they’re almost always healthier and higher quality strains especially if someone ordered a high quality parent couple online like CrazyKoiCracker

they’re going to be going in my heavy planted 120gal so i wanted a good sized group to start and i know they’re going to breed just want to see them ahahaha impatience gets me every time

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
eBay or aquabid is where I’d look. With a tank that large it may be better to get a lot of different strains and have a tank full of skittles. Guppies are fun because if you have a blue cobra breed with say, a red delta, you’ll get some red babies with blue cobra tails and the like. It would be much more exciting imo for a planted tank to have a mix so you see a new one every time. People worry that they revert back to wild types but at this point fancy guppies are so far from wild strains that it would probably take five years of random breeding to get back there.

JunhoxPark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2018
eBay or aquabid is where I’d look. With a tank that large it may be better to get a lot of different strains and have a tank full of skittles. Guppies are fun because if you have a blue cobra breed with say, a red delta, you’ll get some red babies with blue cobra tails and the like. It would be much more exciting imo for a planted tank to have a mix so you see a new one every time. People worry that they revert back to wild types but at this point fancy guppies are so far from wild strains that it would probably take five years of random breeding to get back there.
that’s exactly what i wanted even mixing in some more common fancy guppies (basic colors) and just let them go wild in there and see what happens

Reactions: CrazyKoiCracker

CrazyKoiCracker

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2018
that’s exactly what i wanted even mixing in some more common fancy guppies (basic colors) and just let them go wild in there and see what happens
Since many guppies carry cobra and grass genes, even if they aren’t the dominant traits, there’s a decent chance you’ll get some wild results if you start with a good mix.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store