WTB teacup stingray

Status
Not open for further replies.

brupatty

Feeder Fish
Apr 16, 2015
Illinois
I know that's not the species of the stingray but I would like one labeled as so. I am an hour north of Chicago and would like to spend 60 dollars or less on one. That's not including shipping. If you are closer than two hours away I can drive there. I have a 150 gallon and a 210 that is currently acclimating to the correct specifications both have canister filters and sand bottoms. I am also interested in A Tiger knifefish or arowana knifefish to buy. Let me know as soon as possible if you have one available.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Shipping can cost $60 or more by itself .....your better off trying to find one at your lfs and I doubt it will be $60

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Not be negative just realistic. I'd suggest something other than a retic for your first Ray. They aren't that hardy, often imports with diseases and hooked on live foods. Also nearly all rays will out grow your tanks fairly quickly. They're much too small. Maybe a hystrix or mini marble could work.

Think it through and read the stingray forums. If budget is a concern stingrays are definitely not the wet pet for you.

Reactions: millerkid519

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I know a shop in Lombard who always have them in. Message me if you're interested it's 80.00 though free pickup from lfs

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Not be negative just realistic. I'd suggest something other than a retic for your first Ray. They aren't that hardy, often imports with diseases and hooked on live foods. Also nearly all rays will out grow your tanks fairly quickly. They're much too small. Maybe a hystrix or mini marble could work.

Think it through and read the stingray forums. If budget is a concern stingrays are definitely not the wet pet for you.
Agree, first time ray owners should either get motoro or black rays. You can have a ray, just think n prepare before making the leap.

Attached is a link to a pretty cheap ray that should stay relatively small in ur tank. It's hardy and should be good for a beginner. Ur welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221479428091?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Reactions: McPhish and ATF

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Agree, first time ray owners should either get motoro or black rays. You can have a ray, just think n prepare before making the leap.

Attached is a link to a pretty cheap ray that should stay relatively small in ur tank. It's hardy and should be good for a beginner. Ur welcome.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221479428091?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82
Haha oh man he's Got jokes! Seriously though be ready to get a tank with at least 36" depth. Sumps, Bio reactors, tons of food and water changes galore. It it's fun and rewarding. I'm just not sure if you know what you're getting into yet.

brupatty

Feeder Fish
Apr 16, 2015
Illinois
I've done my research I know what I'm getting into and been studying them for over a year a hystrix sting ray and retic would be the smaller of them and while they are not the hardiest but for a 210 gallon tank they would be the best fit. I don't want to buy a stingray that is going to be three feet wide like a motoro ray. I also think I would be fine with a stingray less hardy I have had my fair share of having fish that are difficult to keep. Then on top of that my lfs will order them for me but I have to wait until summer which isn't that bad. aThey are only going to charge me $40 for it also. So I figure I have spent more money of fish that might not live if I miss one little step in acclimation or general care. Not to sound like I don't care about the fish, which is not true, Forty dollars compared to a couple hundred for an even bigger tank isn't something I want to do right now. Eventually when I settle down and have enough space i', going to have an indoor pond that would be big enough for a black ray or a motoro just i can't feasibly have that now.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
No way man retics get big. Like stated before you want to look for a mini marble or hystrix.
Not to sound rude I can tell you marble motor are hardy rays and a good first choice

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
+1 retics get huge, usually bigger than motoros and they are not a good starter ray. Trust these guys when they throw advice out there. Mybluem3 has 2 mini marbles for sale right now. One male pup, and one 12" female. He is by Chicago i believe. More than $60 yes, but you are not going to find a ray for $60. Marble motoros usually stay smaller than common motoros and they are much prettier. Hystrix would be ok if you can find cb pups, I can't remember who has some, but I believe they are east coast. Like it was stated before though shipping alone can be $60 or more. Just preparing you for that.
At the end of the day you will do whatever you want, not trying to tell you what to do. You want what you want. Just making a suggestion is all.
mybluem3 mybluem3

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Bro. I've seen retics bigger than my arms in a circle with my finger tips touching and I'm a very large man. If you overlooked this in your research maybe keep researching because it's likely you may have overlooked other key things in regards to their care and husbandry.

Reactions: SHARK13
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store