Not open for further replies.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
hello,

i am looking for tropical gars (Atractosteus tropicus) which were imported about a year and a half ago into the US. would like to add one or two more to my collection. any info on these fish would be greatly appreciated. photos for reference can be seen on:
www.primitivefish.com

i am also still looking for true alligator gars (Atractosteus spatula) similar information is appreciated. thanks!--
--solomon

ps-- i am located in Ann Arbor, MI 48103 - will pay shipping.

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
i think aquascapeonline has alligator gars for sale. i have ordered 2 motoros from them and they know how to ship very well. i live in illinois and they have even shipped in the cold.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
bacon;681496; said:
i think aquascapeonline has alligator gars for sale. i have ordered 2 motoros from them and they know how to ship very well. i live in illinois and they have even shipped in the cold.
thanks for the info. aquascape currently has Florida gars, but no alligator gars...they may be getting more in, but no one has them currently as far as i know. thanks again for the info--
--solomon

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Were there any records as to where the tropical gars went or even a registry of people who bought them? In my immediate area, I know of 7 of them that are around...used to be 8, but one met an unfortunate demise :(.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Deathcurl;681498; said:
Were there any records as to where the tropical gars went or even a registry of people who bought them? In my immediate area, I know of 7 of them that are around...used to be 8, but one met an unfortunate demise :(.
thanks for the reply...i have a few contacts who have some, and have contacted them very recently...so i am still waiting to hear back. i know how many were originally imported as i worked closely with george (shark aquarium) to make this happen; i'm hoping if some are wanting to sell theirs off, i can buy them :) any info on those looking to do so would be greatly appreciated--
--solomon

bacon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
The gym
do you know what the usual cost is for the trop. gars, just wondering, b/c i am looking for 1 too.

Vcygnus1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2005
THE 850
When Is was at Shark Aquarium in November they had literally a tankfull of t-gars. I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some

Deathcurl

BOO!!!
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
NYC
Vcygnus1;681511; said:
When Is was at Shark Aquarium in November they had literally a tankfull of t-gars. I wouldn't be surprised if they still had some
Nope...they're gone...I have one of those leftovers myself. I was there a couple of weeks ago and the tank was empty.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
riskistang;681831; said:
I have this guy......free to a good home, monday hes going to the pet store.....
please do not post off-topic material in my thread. this is the second time this same post has been made in my threads; mods please delete it.

this is clearly a longnose gar, and although i appreciate that you are trying to find it a good home, it is not either of the species referred to in this thread.--
--solomon

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store