MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Beautiful beasts, how long did that Xingu take to grow to that size

Lugal

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Woah. Beware though. BEC (10") is one of, if not the only fish I kept it's so aggressive it beaten 4 10" parrot cichlids so bad I need to remove him from the tank (Luckily, the bigger BES is in separate tank from the beginning, lucky for chichlids I guess). It's hilarious to see him swim right up and try to scratch them with his odontodes though.

Reactions: Orthopod

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'm assuming bes and bec are both names for the blue eyed pleco? If so, shouldn't it be bep?

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I'm assuming bes and bec are both names for the blue eyed pleco? If so, shouldn't it be bep?
The abbreviation is two identify two species which are both blue eyed and are panaques

Bec is panaque cochliodon
Bes is panaque suttonorum

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ahh, thanks for the explanation :).

Lugal

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
BEC = Smooth one from Columbia
BES = Spiky one from Venezuela

Despite having different eating habits and looks, both of them are very aggressive. It's either horde of Panaque in the tank or on of it alone.

BTW, nice Xingu. No serious issues between them, I presume?

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
No, that was just the initial fight with the new guy going in, it last about 2 hours, no damage though and he looked fine this morning just chewing away on the wood. He does this to all new comers around his size. I added the Gold Spot and Chocolate and he didn't even pay any attention to them. I noticed when he acts normal and on the glass, his belly is big and full but last night it looked sunken it, not sure if they are able to make themselves look a tiny bit bigger or he was just not happy, his belly was back to normal this morning. I got this is as a BEC.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store