Xingu X Leopoldi Pups

Gumby79

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Calgary
Last night Feb 1/2012 my female Leopoldi gave birth to three pups and to my suprise they were not pure Leo's, two of the pups are definate hybrids and the only other male in there that is my xingu, which I did not think he was fully mature yet but I guess I was wrong. The other strange thing is the one looks pure Leo, so that definatly posses the question if ray can get pregnat by multiple partners?? I would have to say yes after seeing this trio.

Hope you enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njVAJxIWkKk&list=UUMDvEYNvWuwVfLvZfEmJJQA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Xingu x Leo Male.jpgXingu x Leo female.jpgXingu x Leo Female Leo.jpgXingu x Leo Group Photo.jpg

Xingu x Leo Female Leo.jpg

Xingu x Leo female.jpg

Xingu x Leo Group Photo.jpg

Xingu x Leo Male.jpg

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust
wow, that is crazy! i think you are right on having two different fathers!!!

What else was in there with the leo? Just the xingu

Gumby79

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Calgary
Very cool, congrats! How soon after birth do they shed the protective coating on the spine?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Not quite understanding what protective coating you are refering to, From what I have seen they pop out like little rolled up cigars and soon as they out of the mom they unroll and they are what they are.

wow, that is crazy! i think you are right on having two different fathers!!!

What else was in there with the leo? Just the xingu
I have a pear of pearls but the male is not even remotly close to being mature, he's only 8" and has clasper so small I i could swear he is a girl lol

Brent

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2005
TFC
i believe they can ge tpreg by multiple partners and get pregnant more then once at a time ive had pups and then 3 weeks later had more pups from same female ......not sure if that sounds understandable?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store