XXXL Aquarium Decor Vendors?

acropora1981

Feeder Fish
Sep 18, 2020
Hello,

I do mostly smaller setups but was asked to do a 600 gal for a retirement home. Tank is built and in place.

Im not used to having to outfit such a massive aquarium with plastic/faux decor but thats what the client wants. I do more live plant/saltwater reef tank type stuff than faux.

I dont want to use a huge coral reef insert because its freshwater and it seems in-congruent.

Are there manufacturers of freshwater themed (ie more natural) inserts etc? Wasnt able to come up with anything on google besides coral reef stuff. Not really into doing like a massive pile of real rocks either, too heavy and if it falls...yikes. Tank is 38" tall and 30" deep and 10ft long.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
The Kind of DIY has mentioned in several of his videos a company that made some of the backgrounds he used in his tanks. I remember googling them and being quite impressed by the variety of backgrounds, roots, boulders, etc. that they offered, in various sizes, all looking very natural and attractive. Prices seemed pretty high by my standards...but my standards include bringing my truck to a smoking, screeching stop when driving along a lakeshore and wading through 100 yards of clinging mud to retrieve a particularly nice chunk of weathered wood, so...:) Sadly, I can't recall the name of the outfit...not much help, I know...but maybe you can find the video in question.

I'll also mention that for rockwork, some swimming pool supply retailers sell very realistic boulders in larger sizes, designed for use around semi-naturalistic swimming pools. I saw some of these when I picked up some pool filter sand locally, and they looked good. They weren't too expensive, and were completely hollow so they didn't displace a huge amount of water. They would also serve to create refuges and hiding places for cichlids, etc. Might be worth checking out. Good luck in the search.

Reactions: fishhead0103666
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store