Bronze Tier Yankeejack Capable Aquaculturist

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Admin Edit- for JULY end of month voting

Yankeejack has showed here in this thread of his that has been going since September 2015 that he meets all requirements to get this award.

Requirements- A member shall have proven that they have intentionally successfully spawned a pair of adult fish, that those adult fish have laid eggs, that the eggs have hatched and that the member successfully raised a significant portion of the fry to adolescence. This must be documented. This will have been accomplished no less than three times.

In in thread here all requirements are meet

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/platinum-jack-dempsey-attempt.650476/

Last edited by a moderator:

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
In my opinion Yankeejack has taken breeding to the razors edge by being able to breed such a rare color morph of the Jack Dempsey cichlid

Requirements- A member who is well known in the fish keeping community as having displayed a proven long, productive, consistent history of running a captive breeding program for several species of fish for no less than two years OR a member who has displayed an ability to successfully breed species considered to be rare or difficult to breed in the hobby.

I believe all the requirements have been meet in his thread.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/platinum-jack-dempsey-attempt.650476/

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Admittedly I do not know much of this members work as I don't spend a ton of time in the cichlid areas but this certainly meets the requirements. I'm in and happy to endorse.

Thanks for the nod Jexnell Jexnell

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Threads merged. The only awards that issue multiple instances are the tank awards and the photography awards. The rest are tiered, if you qualify for silver, you forfeit your bronze to get it.

That being said, typically cichlids only get bronze unless it is a cichlid that is brand new to the hobby. Plat JD are gorgeous fish, but they're still just JD as far as breeding is concerned.

Admin recommend strong bronze; but that's just my recommendation; the program belongs to all of you, I just administrate it. Open for EOM voting.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm not familiar with much of Yankeejacks postings but after reading the thread jexnell provided he does Meet the criteria and looks to have been really detailed in his findings. I could take his thread and use it as an instructional manual if need be.

I vote YES !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store