Yellow & Brown Indo

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Is there a reason why the indo have different contrasts?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Most likely due to locale, but appears indo datnoids can come in different base color tones from same fishing net Haul. Ranging from yellow, gold, white, brown, or dark dark dark dark brown(lol). Below are just a few, mostly wild kalamantan caught and one confirmed Sumatran photo
I found. Just thought I share some visuals fo ya’all. You’ll see them with a wide range of color tones(contrast).

Glad to see somebody still posting about dats. Never got into them much but I would hate to see people lose interest in these amazing fish. The dat section has not very active lately, which worries me.

Unfortunately I don't have much to add here. I have never owned a datnoid and for me they've always been a fish that's been stunning to see in other people's care but never wanted to care for myself (polys and reptiles are much higher on my priority list). I have never even seen anything other than a wide bar. Still, we need to keep this section alive!

torcombro

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2010
Fish Room
Most likely due to locale, but appears indo datnoids can come in different base color tones from same fishing net Haul. Ranging from yellow, gold, white, brown, or dark dark dark dark brown(lol). Below are just a few, mostly wild kalamantan caught and one confirmed Sumatran photo
I found. Just thought I share some visuals fo ya’all. You’ll see them with a wide range of color tones(contrast).

I think because the bottom of the Kalimantan's rivers are red dirt/soil, compare to the rivers in Sumatra islands are gravels

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store