yellow convict? or hybrid convict?

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
it is a normal convict, yellow convict....Cryptoheros nanoluteus...just not the common one that every fish store sells. I like it.
Yeah I had a convict just like this given to me once. Was very nice for a time.. Well not "nice", god convicts can be evil.
are you guys positive? nanoluteus was my first guess but his stripes run exactly like a regular convict and dont looke like most of the pics ive seen for nanoluteus. maybe hes a nanoluteus x nigrofasciatus and/or honduran red point? also when he was next to my other regular petsmart convict, they looked exactly alike. body, fins and stripes.

arent nanoluteus supposed to be very peaceful?

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Well there is very strong possiblity is that your fish's just regular convict. Even other posters said that it's a nice convict.

A 'regular' convict is Amatitlania nigrofasciata, or whatever synonym you prefer. If it's not a nigro, then it's not a convict.

That said, it does look like a Cryptoheros nanoluteus. Could be a hybrid of the two. Either way, not a convict. XD Unless this is a convict that has jaundice (which I doubt, doesn't look unhealthy to me). But yes, most likely a hybrid. Or! A convict with a mutation in its pigmentation, causing yellow pigmentation rather than the usual. :p

In conclusion though, not a regular convict.

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
I went back and picked up a female like him but she doesn't have as much red in her fins.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sun catfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
california
festea x convict mix

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
Anyone have any con x hrp or con x festae pics??

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
At first glance I would say stressed out convict even with the yellow and red coloration. A current in tank pic would help. My guess would be convict hybrid of some sort, without knowing the source there is truly no way to know for sure exactly what its mixed with. Nice looking fish either way.

rabbithearted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
Mine looked just like that when I got her, and now she's developed a lot of coloring as she's grown.

bad photo but you can see what I mean.

DSC_1099.JPG

gutted

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
So she faded to the grey? I have a female that looks like yours but she's always looked like that since I had her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store