yellow lab holding.

Mntropics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2012
Minnesota
How long before I can strip the eggs from the female. I have moved her from a 90 gallon tank to a 10 gallon tank because of the male aggression. Its been 3 weeks all ready and shes getting real skinny. Any advice will help! Thanks.

cichlids209

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2013
Central California
How long before I can strip the eggs from the female. I have moved her from a 90 gallon tank to a 10 gallon tank because of the male aggression. Its been 3 weeks all ready and shes getting real skinny. Any advice will help! Thanks.
3 weeks is a good time for her to be holding you can strip the fry or let her spit them in the tank then move her back to the 90

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis

Mntropics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2012
Minnesota
Stripped the female today when I got home from work. So far I got 27 healthy looking fry. I think I see more in her mouth but she has had enough for one night. She was really stressed out. So I divided my 10 gallon tank put the female on one side and the fry on the other. All the frys egg sacs are gone so I started feeding them frys first bites. I dont have brine shrimp eggs. And I have never tried hatching them before. So what else can I feed my hungry fry??? I have frozen brine shrimp but I dont know if they can eat that yet. May be to big?? Please more help! Thanks.

Mntropics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2012
Minnesota
Oh yeah and is it a good Idea to immediately put her back into the community tank? She hasnt eaten in 3 weeks and she may have fry in her mouth still?

squidyboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2012
Malibu, California
keep her in the ten, and the babies should be fine. All I fed my yellow labs was Hikari first bite s until they took flakes and frozen brine shrimp.

Mntropics

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2012
Minnesota
I would like to feed them a variety of food what are my options? besides hatching brine shrimp? And how often should I feed them? Especially because im gone from 6-3:30.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store