Your Bichir List and count

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
sorry i don't state numbers in public :) i'll just say i have a lot (though not as many as MMP has now since her couple recent mass additions), and with the exception of three gars, bichirs are the only focus of my fishkeeping for years.

But i'll list what i have :)

P. ansorgii
P. bichir lapradei - Nigeria, 'regular' Guinea, Tinkisso Guinea
P. bichir ssp. 'Koliba' and 'Koloton' - likely just lap variants
P. endlicheri endlicheri
P. endlicheri congicus
P. sp. 'Dabola'

P. delhezi
P. mokelembembe
P. ornatipinnis
P. palmas palmas
P. palmas buettikoferi
P. palmas polli
P. retropinnis
P. senegalus
P. teugelsi
P. weeksii

Plus a couple whose exact ID are unknown ;)

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
Infblue;2189016; said:
sorry i don't state numbers in public :) i'll just say i have a lot (though not as many as MMP has now since her couple recent mass additions), and with the exception of three gars, bichirs are the only focus of my fishkeeping for years.

P. ansorgii
P. endlicheri endlicheri
P. endlicheri congicus
P. sp. 'Dabola'

P. delhezi
P. mokelembembe
P. ornatipinnis
P. palmas palmas
P. palmas buettikoferi
P. palmas polli
P. retropinnis
P. senegalus
P. teugelsi
P. weeksii

what the heck :D...let me say this.

Some species I only have 1, like those with unknown ID's. Very hard to find more than 1. Others, a couple to a few.

Some I have 5 or 6, like palmas palmas and mokelembembe.

The most I have is buettikoferi (>10), but contrary to what you might think, i actually like palmas palmas more.

FishGoneWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
32 Polypterus Way, Africa
Infblue;2189089; said:
what the heck :D...let me say this.

Some species I only have 1, like those with unknown ID's. Very hard to find more than 1. Others, a couple to a few.

Some I have 5 or 6, like palmas palmas and mokelembembe.

The most I have is buettikoferi (>10), but contrary to what you might think, i actually like palmas palmas more.
I'm glad I'm not in the east coast because there are not enough bichirs to go around between you, MsMassPoly, and me. You two must hoard all the bichir for sale deals locally over there.

Why so many buettikoferi? I think palmas palmas looked better. You need a platinum senegal to add to your list.:naughty:

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
FishGoneWild;2189114; said:
I'm glad I'm not in the east coast because there are not enough bichirs to go around between you, MsMassPoly, and me. You two must hoard all the bichir for sale deals locally over there.

Why so many buettikoferi? I think palmas palmas looked better. You need a platinum senegal to add to your list.:naughty:
i agree, i too think palmas palmas looks better. in fact, i think it's among the prettiest of all bichirs!

I didn't get all the buettikoferi at once. when toyin first imported them, he only had like 4 little juvies, so i got those. But i find that they grow sooo slow, i want some bigger ones, so two here, two there, and then a giant one, and then he mentioned one with no patterns, another one that's green...well you get the idea :D I got most of these before he started importing palmas palmas.

platinum senegal is very nice :)

and i'm actually in the midwest.

Norbert

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Infblue;2189016; said:

P. ansorgii
P. endlicheri endlicheri
P. endlicheri congicus
P. sp. 'Dabola'

P. delhezi
P. mokelembembe
P. ornatipinnis
P. palmas palmas
P. palmas buettikoferi
P. palmas polli
P. retropinnis
P. senegalus
P. teugelsi
P. weeksii

Awesome collection Ricky :thumbsup:

After seeing Toyins last list I have a hunch your collection is about to increase...sooner or later

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Well I am up to 2 now, I picked up an Albino Senegal to add to the tank with my Normal Senegal which is about 4". After a few minutes the Albino was being attacked by the other. So I pulled her (I just think it's a female) and put her in another 20g I have. She is only about 3", I think it might be a short body variant. Is it normal for them to attack each other, I thought they could be kept together?

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
One big fat ornate and thats it.

Until I puck up my 3-4 tiny dels this week!!!! :headbang2

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA