Your favorite cyprinids

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
My plans for celestial pearl danios went out the window when I realized the pet store only has what Seriously Fish describes as basically an overbred version that loses the colors of the wild fish. But they are fantastic, and I'd easily have picked up 12 or so if the pet store actually carried nice ones.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
My plans for celestial pearl danios went out the window when I realized the pet store only has what Seriously Fish describes as basically an overbred version that loses the colors of the wild fish. But they are fantastic, and I'd easily have picked up 12 or so if the pet store actually carried nice ones.
Really? Might be the bloodlines in Australia because ours are beautiful. But they are quite pricey. Retail price is ~$25 AUD. I wouldn't 100% trust seriously fish. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. They are still beautiful fish either way.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
In shop tanks they are all plain boring colours, it’s only settled in and happy in the display tanks that the males show their fantastic colours.
Agreed. As with a lot of fish you don't get to see their true beauty until they are happy and settled in your tank, and the Odessas are certainly no exception to that rule.

When I got my shoal, although they were blah at the store, I knew what they'd become, and they didn't disappoint.

Thing is, my chocolate cichlid thought they were beautiful too.....and began eating them!!

I don't have any now, some were eaten, and the rest I donated to my LFS when I broke down my 180.

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com