YOUR Feedback on the Fluval FX5 External Filter

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Thanks Pangong for the Past Threads and Vanilla for the Reply!!:)

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
I'm starting to make my mind up....

DarthLungFish

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2005
EARTH
Thanks Pangong, I think I will. :grinyes: :clap :headbang2

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
I have one on my 240g right now for about 3 weeks. So far so good. It has a lot of media area and a lot of output. Be careful though, It is very large and I barely got mine in between my door in my stand. I had to shoehorn it in. I also have a Rena xp3 on the same tank and my water is crystal clear. To compare the two the Fluval fx5 has more media storage-bio and more output, but the xp3 is much easier to maintain and clean and is slightly quieter. I highly recommend either filter and Rena is coming out with the xp4 this summer, which should also be a winner. Good luck

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
Pangong_ilong said:
Get it. TRying to get one too.
shame your not down my way my lfs has 6 of them in stock for 300 ive been thinking of them but i dont like there 304 or 404 too much water doesnt go through media so im at a stand still on these and for the money i know eheims are great filters dont know wich one ill get i like the gph of the fluval and the back wash valve too.... i dont know i just dont know

Ducati996

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2006
NY
Lots of info on this site using the search feature - I laughed when I re-read how some of those threads started out just bashing the Fluval Fx5 - but the truth prevailed and all the feedback is positive on this filter!!! So many experts proven wrong, time and time again-:drool: so much for the experts...:cry: :ROFL: :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store