Your thoughts on fish Youtubers like Paul Cuffaro, Catch Em All Fishing, and Nick Bingo?

neontetraking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
All I watch is coralfish12g.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
The thing about Paul Cuffaro is that he seems like he wants to learn stuff. But when he puts a Delhezi in an outdoor pond with Pacu, Largeemouth Bass, and other monsters, it crosses the line. All vids of catch em all make me wanna throw up. I just checked, and I was actually SUBBED to him. Monster Mike is Bi-ch. Paul just recently built a 4000 gallon above ground pond that is freaking awesome looking, but is stocked with tons of things; overcrowded. He also "swims" with his fish. He is like "I showered previously to this". Im like "WELL WHAT ABOUT DEODERANT AND YOUR GUCCI COLOGNE!!!".

BadBrad

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2018
United States
I say some YouTubers are better than others. Some are good and some are bad. The good one's have a right to be good as the bad ones have a right to be bad. We should promote the good ones and ignore the bad ones.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Imo, if you have to go to youtube for your fish advice, you are going to become an expert in dead fish. The way to know who not to follow is, the more subscribers they have, the more they should likely be avoided.

I am a privacy nut so I do not use social media. I do view things on youtube, mostly live concerts somebody has filmed. I work with a partner to sell the fish I breed. He has a Facebook site. I used to visit to see the minimal things Facebook allowed non-memeber to see. About a week or so back i went to look and was greeted by an announcement I must log on to see. So now I do not have to waste any time at all on Facebook.

For those of you who follow these sort of Youtube sites and are registered with Google (I am not) here is a way to have some fun. When they do stuff related to cycling, post a this question. "I am curious where you stand on the ammonia oxidizing bacteria vs, the ammonia oxidizing archaea in aquariums. What role do each play?" You might also ask their thinking on complete nitrification being done by Nitrospira. Maybe even ask them the best way to deal with nitrite in a tank with fish. (The answer is chloride.)

The primary function of Twitter is to empower idiots. :nilly:

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
I can't stand their videos because of the cringe! If you wanna get me to say something I don't wanna say ,tie me up and make me watch a coralfish12g or paul cuffaro video I'd rather pull my hair out.There's only a few channels who actually know what they're doing,imo 80% of fish youtubers give out wrong advice.When I want a new fish I know nothing about I do my research on forums ,people here speak from experience not something they found out off of those crappy fish care guide sites.Either they give out outrageous tank sizes or they tell you to stuff a giant gourami in a fish bowl.

Freshwaterfishlover

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2019
Also dont forget Dustin Fish tanks. He mostly has Rainbow fish and planted tanks. He also has 2 full sized green houses were he grows Aquatic plants for sale. "What up people this is Dustin fish tanks"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store