Zamora Catfish?

africanknife

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
florida
i recently just bought a zamora catfish and its behavior is a little weird, after i put him in he dug a hole under a rock and just hides there all day and only comes out for his food. I wanted to know if this is normal?

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
these guys will attempt to hide the entire time the lights are on. bought one and it was active in the store, not in my tank though

FavCatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2008
Florida
Something that worked for me: I didnt turn the tank light on at all first, i kept the room light on till the were active at night with the room light. Then i put foil over the tank light so the tank light wasnt bright, waited till they stayed out, then i took it completly off and all my catfish are active all day with the tank light. I dont have that catfish you have but i have other nocturnal catfish and thier active allday!

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
well the sac has been off its head for about a year now, and still not active. haha and how do you think they get to the store? naturally swim, many fish are in the store under a month before being sold, so it has been in my tank much longer than it had to establish an environment in store

freshwaterz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
chicago
snyder810;2457026; said:
well the sac has been off its head for about a year now, and still not active. haha and how do you think they get to the store? naturally swim, many fish are in the store under a month before being sold, so it has been in my tank much longer than it had to establish an environment in store
wow...
i wasnt try to convey an attitude, and you never said you had it for a year. seems to me like you just got a p***y fish.:nutkick:

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
didn't mean to come off the way i did, and possibly they aren't very common around here so i'm just going off the one i own

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store