Zamora woodcat (midnight catfish), anyone have them?

INDK617

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2008
Portland, ME
they're smart, tough and pigs.

i had 3 in with my oscars and they werent eaten. they seem very resiliant and the only time they come out during the day is to eat.

plus mine used to fight amongst themselves over territory but never damaged each other.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Zamora Cats are one of my favorites:D I currently have 3. Before that, I had 2 about 10 years ago. I could never find them again until recently. They remind me of Bullsharks...mini freshwater Bullsharks:D

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
~ocean;3623410; said:
^ lost for 10 years? wow...
LOL...I meant that I couldn't find anymore for sale until recently. The original ones I bought were from Petco which don't carry them anymore. And unfortunately, those 2 died when my filter burned out while I was away for a weekend.:(

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
used to own them but had to give them away last year because my sultan plecos were not nice to them and they were laying their eggs in the container as soon they were out of that tank....

the guy was able to breed them quite well- I do wish I could have them back sometimes though as they had nice personalities and didn't pay no mind to other fish in the tank no matter how big/small they were I had tons and tons of least killifish and they didn't even help keep the population under control

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store