Zebra danio as feeders!!

Matt S

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Mass
Honestly I'd try and get the gar on frozen foods and pellets my alligator gar that I had was 29 inches long and when I got him he was eating goldfish and looked horrible after a week he start eating what I wanted him to eat and his color was better his body was thicker and he was more active and healthy I was feeding him fresh salmon and trout fillets floating hikari pellets massivore pellets flake food earthworms krill and bloodworms you'll see a huge difference if you do some kind of diet like this

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

oscar fish lover2000

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2012
australia
I think maybe mosquito fish would be a good choice, mosquito fish are native to the us and so are gar, gar must eat gambusia in the wild do NOT go with goldfish, they are high in fat and they carry a type of enzime that is toxic to most fish. At least the fish expert at the pet store said. P.S thank goodness that petsmart and petco aren't in australia! I hate chain pet stores! DO NOT get feeders from there. And also i am quite embarrased to admit this, i like goldfish, the ones in my pond nibble on my fingers, it's hilarious!

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xellos

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
Honestly I'd try and get the gar on frozen foods and pellets my alligator gar that I had was 29 inches long and when I got him he was eating goldfish and looked horrible after a week he start eating what I wanted him to eat and his color was better his body was thicker and he was more active and healthy I was feeding him fresh salmon and trout fillets floating hikari pellets massivore pellets flake food earthworms krill and bloodworms you'll see a huge difference if you do some kind of diet like this
I was trying to wean them on eatin pellets and lypholized krill , but they wouldnt have any !! how much would i have to starve them ? at this size they have a higher metabolism so its not good to starve them . what do u think ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store