Zebra pleco.

bahamaqt00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2009
kirkland wa
So I have a chance to get one at the LFS. I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it. It is $350 and yes, I am sure it is the true not the false zebra. It is about 1.5" long and is beautiful. I just heard that they only grow to like 4" or something? Anyone know about this? Do they get bigger than that?

Thanks guys!

nicknwillys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
somewhere
yeah they get 4''....but 350 is way over price....you can get them for about 190-200 dollars...but they are hard to find... a fish is only worth what you are willing to pay for it...I would try to get the price lowered.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Dude $350 is way over priced. Tell who ever is selling for $350 to shove it up!@#$%^&*(). LOL Honestly check out aquabid I have seen them around $200 bucks for a 2 -3 inches. They only get around 4 inches. A pretty pleco without a doubt but overrated in my book, but I like the pseudas which are monsters compard to the zebras.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
bahamaqt00;3966267; said:
So I have a chance to get one at the LFS. I am just trying to figure out if it is worth it. It is $350 and yes, I am sure it is the true not the false zebra. It is about 1.5" long and is beautiful. I just heard that they only grow to like 4" or something? Anyone know about this? Do they get bigger than that?

Thanks guys!
dude.. not worth it.. going price for them is like $150 - 200 average.. but seriously.. they are too small and not worth the price man..

free_lunch

Feeder Fish
Aug 13, 2007
NYC
$350 is way overpriced for a L46, zebra pleco, at that size. First, $350 would be reasonable if it was around 3.5" to 4". The males will get to 4 inches but it will take anywhere from 3 years to 4 years for it to reach that size depending on the care and quality of the food given. The female will be a little smaller, but then again they grow extremely slow. The reason it might be reasonable at 3.5 - 4" is because sexing them at this size is fairly easy although not a certainty. Perhaps you can try aquabid.com and see if any are available. I have gone through initial learning process of purchasing a group and it can be costly so do your research. I can offer you some advice if you are interested. PM me.

rosehower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
New Jersey
if 350 is too much then the 400 i just spent one a tiny little guy is WAYYYY to much. they wuldnt move on price. (thats absolutely fish in Clifton NJ, if anyone is near there, they may order 2 more from California)
I'm in the process of getting 2 more thru california myself.(at 200 each, possible discount tho.)
and I found a place that says they sell them, from the UK. but they said they get them wild caught, so i'm not using them as I'm pretty sure thats still illegal. but their price is 174 us dollars.

africancichlidlovers

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2009
long beach
right now it is hard to get the L-46. A couple of months ago there were to many of them around. you can get them for $100 now the price went way back up. if you need a couple, i am will to let go some of my stock.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store