Zebra Plecs

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
Hey guys!

Jus thought I would ask for some feedback about this: A "friend" of mine has bred zebra plecs over the years and is offering me £320 for a pair of zebra plecs, about 2 inch each. I'm in the process of setting up a species only tank, I can't seem to find any zebra plecs on sale anywhere closer in London, seeming as I would not want these plecs to be shipped or go through any stress. Do you guys think this is a good price? Will need to start buying them sooner or later anyway.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
They are "real" zebra plecs, that I know for sure. I didn't want to buy online or in any shops, so many LFs's are passing off plecs mistaken for zebra plecs these days, and I didn't want to take any risk. He has bred his pairs again and again, I'm not sure if they are siblings, but I'm not looking to breed right now. My agreement with him was that I would start with a pair then get another pair a fews months on. Also, they have been tank bred in London, so I would not need to worry about the water condition here, I'm just wondering whether its worth such a price. Can't seem to get them anywhere else, Wildwoods no longer sell them.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
well i just bought a pair off him! :) they are arriving early july, he says he will keep them for me until then because i will be on holiday for a month so i don't want to risk getting them yet. anyone got any secrets that they want to share about keeping these guys?! They are going to a 500L with lots of caves and plants etc.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Keep these guys at higher temps, at lower temps they will never be active, nor have full tummies. Use lots of protein for them, hikari's sinking wafers (not the algae wafers) work really well.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
WyldFya;1803725; said:
Keep these guys at higher temps, at lower temps they will never be active, nor have full tummies. Use lots of protein for them, hikari's sinking wafers (not the algae wafers) work really well.
thanks! will do my best to keep them happy!will they also feed on live bloodworms?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store