Zebrina Pike question

dpete88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
in the drivers seat
So my lfs recently brought in a zebrina at a fairly decent pricing for it's size but the size is what's holding me back. It's eyeballed at about 9-10". My question is more so towards compatibility and aggression. I've seen somewhat mixed reports of it being among the more peaceful of the Pike's which would bode well as most of my stock is of the currently smaller variety. Nothing that would be obvious food, but 3 inch Geo's, a a 6 inch atabapo 1, 7 inch black aro and some 3.5" datnoids. The zebra would be huge compared to it's tankmates but if it's as peaceful as some claim I'd like to pick it up as I might not get another chance for quite some time. Am I being too optimistic with aggression or would it have a decent chance of working out well? What is your experience with zebrina? Thanks in advance!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
mrrobxc mrrobxc Rocksor Rocksor

Reactions: tlindsey

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
They aren’t peaceful long term. Quite viscous as adults and I wouldn’t trust them with a 3” geo unless it’s smaller than 8-9”

dpete88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2011
in the drivers seat
They aren’t peaceful long term. Quite viscous as adults and I wouldn’t trust them with a 3” geo unless it’s smaller than 8-9”
It's probably right at the 9" mark. I'm going to pass on it and regret it for the rest of my life lol thanks

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store