Ziss Bubble Bio Moving Bed Filter Aquarium Coop

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Just curious what you all think of this filter Cory is promoting at Aquarium Coop. He just started importing it. It's for 40 gallons or less:

https://www.aquariumcoop.com/collections/filters/products/ziss-bubble-bio-moving-bed-filter

His affiliates are promoting it too, for example, this YouTube video just got posted:

For the most part, Cory seems to promote quality stuff. I'd say, that's with the exception of Sera Foods , which I think has too many fillers, including milk proteins to boost protein levels. I think they are giving him a good deal as he seems to promote that over repashy, which he has several videos of in no the past. I wouldn't be surprised that's the company he links up with formally in January. (In a Livestream ,he said he's likely hooking up with a company next year )

I like his videos so I'm not knocking him. I'm just curious if this product is worth the hype.

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
The 2 liter thing has always been an overlooked method on big tanks b/c it's just too bulky + not worth the tank space. A compact solution for the keepers of the nanos or planted tanks I'd take a retailer sample : )

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
From what i can tell its basicly a diy k1 bottlefilter made expensive and fancy. Whats the cost of building on yourself? 5-10usd?

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I’d never use one in a display since its unsightly to have filters in the tanks but If I were, I’d much rather have one of these than a DIY water bottle in my tank. Looks like they preemptively used green plastic since they will all turn green with algae anyways lol. I would consider using one as a supplementary filter to boost biological filtration in my growout tanks.

What I can say for sure is that Ziss makes some quality products if you can find them. I really like their breeder boxes and prefer them as I’ve found them to be high quality, sturdy, and well thought out. I also use their egg tumblers which have also been rebranded as Cobalt egg tumblers.

Also, building one is easy but not as cheap as one would think. K1 isn’t cheap...sure, you won’t need much but who’s gonna sell you just a handful of this stuff?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I’d never use one in a display since its unsightly to have filters in the tanks but If I were, I’d much rather have one of these than a DIY water bottle in my tank. Looks like they preemptively used green plastic since they will all turn green with algae anyways lol. I would consider using one as a supplementary filter to boost biological filtration in my growout tanks.

What I can say for sure is that Ziss makes some quality products if you can find them. I really like their breeder boxes and prefer them as I’ve found them to be high quality, sturdy, and well thought out. I also use their egg tumblers which have also been rebranded as Cobalt egg tumblers.

Also, building one is easy but not as cheap as one would think. K1 isn’t cheap...sure, you won’t need much but who’s gonna sell you just a handful of this stuff?

Well they might do some quality stuff but im using bigger volumes of moving bed media since i only got big tanks. My smallest tank is 540L and thats a grow out tank for rays. I have a 3L bottlefilter in that tank just as a complymentary to my cannisters and showerfilters.

And i dont use k1. I use a media from oase thats called hel-x wich has more surfacearea then k1 for less the price. And im also into diy builds of filters

Reactions: islandguy11

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Well they might do some quality stuff but im using bigger volumes of moving bed media since i only got big tanks. My smallest tank is 540L and thats a grow out tank for rays. I have a 3L bottlefilter in that tank just as a complymentary to my cannisters and showerfilters.

And i dont use k1. I use a media from oase thats called hel-x wich has more surfacearea then k1 for less the price. And im also into diy builds of filters
Cool...how are you liking those DIY 3L bottlefilters? Any noticeable differences in water quality?

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Cool...how are you liking those DIY 3L bottlefilters? Any noticeable differences in water quality?

Well its hard to tell in that tank since im having a 130L showerfilter with 70L biomedia on that tank to. Im only using it because i can. Haha. I tend to overfilter my tanks quite hard. And i love to build diy filters so i built that just to try it and have a fluidised filter ready if im going to start a smaller tank. Haha.

Reactions: BichirKing

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
So I might be getting this filter as a backup and aeraetor for my 125g. Right now I'm using a hydro IV sponge filter but I noticed that the backup pump really can't pump air through that height. I had thought about connecting another battery backup pump to the line to help.

Now I'm thinking that this might work better since you.hang it close to the surface and the air just blows into the container through the top. I'm thinking the backup air pump can run this filter since it's not having to pump through 16" from near the bottom of the tank.

The other reason is I'm thinking about rescuing a 5" clown loach. I'd just put it in QT with my new rainbows but I think the rummynose might be small enough to get eaten.

I could just buy a 10g and put my sponge filter in there and it would give me a reason to switch to this filter for backup.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
Bumping an old thread...

Anyone think doing 4 of these in a 100g sump would provide a noticeable difference? I'm thinking of ways to add a diy k1 aspect to my sump and this would by far be the easiest, but not sure if it would be effective...

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Bumping an old thread...

Anyone think doing 4 of these in a 100g sump would provide a noticeable difference? I'm thinking of ways to add a diy k1 aspect to my sump and this would by far be the easiest, but not sure if it would be effective...
Whats the price on 4 of these filters compared to say 50L of k1 or similar media?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store