Kent UK
Awesome fish, what are your plans for him? Would look fantastic in a biotope

Reactions: lyc

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Where'd you get him? That much red in the head, and the vertical bars, he looks Fenestratus. But body shape, and color of the fins on his back, black horizontal bar to the eye, he looks Zonatus for sure. How long he's been in the tank in the video? Is he new in the tank, color a little different from normal maybe? How big is he?

lyc

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2010
Singapore
www.facebook.com
Where'd you get him? That much red in the head, and the vertical bars, he looks Fenestratus. But body shape, and color of the fins on his back, black horizontal bar to the eye, he looks Zonatus for sure. How long he's been in the tank in the video? Is he new in the tank, color a little different from normal maybe? How big is he?
I got him from Cichlid of America about 3". I am pretty sure is a zonatus. Usually after water change he will show much red or when he flare with the female in the next tank.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
That's a LOT of red for a Zonatus. I'm not saying it's not Zonatus, I've just never seen a red head like that on any of mine. But dorsal fin coloration, the body shape, the stripe to the eye, that's all Zonatus for sure. Comes from the same vendor I got mine from, too.

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Beautiful cichlid, keep us posted on him :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store