ZOO MED AQUASUN LED HO INFO NEEDED

Spicoli

Black Skirt Tetra
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
Hey

I'm looking at buying one of the new led lights you guys offer. The 48 inch specificly, can you post a pic of the light on a four foot tank? Maybe a comparison shot between your T5HO and the LEDHO?

Spicoli

Black Skirt Tetra
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
Hey

I'm looking at buying one of the new led lights you guys offer. The 48 inch specificly, can you post a pic of the light on a four foot tank? Maybe a comparison shot between your T5HO and the LEDHO?
Well I went ahead and bought one,

I can say i'm not impressed with the light it gives off. I'd almost need 2 fixtures to cover and 18 inch deep tank. 0 spread on the light beam. Basically all little spotlights.

using the 4 footer on a 5 foot tank leaves VERY noticable dark spots lots of them.

I have This on a 120 xh marineland tank. There is about 2/3 of the tank lit up the rest is dark.

Bottom Line,

Try Something Else. Will post pics soon.

My 4 foot single bulb fluorescent fixture provides better lighting. Yeah I said that.

Avoid the lights if possible. Not worth the money

Forgot to add, the extendable legs are so flimsy the light sits on the glass of my tank if i have the legs extended because they bend so bad.

Fishysweet

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2014
Virginia
Real Name
Aubry
Occupation
Housewife
Wow that's dark

Eyebedam

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
I guess you were hoping for a comment from the zoo med folks?
i bet if you had the lig hanging above your tank instead of right on top of it
you would have a brighter, more spread out look like you are wanting

Spicoli

Black Skirt Tetra
Original poster
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
I will try hanging the light but i only have 6 -8 inches above the tank till the ceiliing.

I originally had posted in hopes zoomed would respond about the lights but i just bought one when i never got a response. I wasn't overly happy with the light so i figured I'd share that displeasure.

Cheers

Vaelin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2011
Alaska
Wow, that's extremely dark, i'm glad I found this post before buying new lights. It looks like it would be good for a decorative style theme tank but that's about it.
Thanks for posting your pictures, they're very helpful! Also, sorry about the lighting, massive bummer.

terrorG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Real Name
Bassi
Are those leds actually in the water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store