So, are We gonna' act like this never happened?

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
Stillborn or Unhealthy Pups

In nature, when one or more members of a litter are unhealthy or stillborn, they put the rest of the litter at risk. A dam’s instinct will tell her that she must remove the unhealthy and stillborn puppies from the den. Most of the time, domestic dogs will simply reject unhealthy puppies, pushing them away from the nest. They may carry stillborn puppies away from the nest or “bury” them someplace in the house. However, if instinct takes over and the puppies are young enough, the dam might kill and eat unhealthy puppies, as well.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Dogs/Wolves will eat a dead new born pups just like the placenta after giving birth. They will also scavenge the dead carcus of a dead dog/wolf if they are hungry enough, but they do not bury their dead as depicted in the video.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
Dogs/Wolves will eat a dead new born pups just like the placenta after giving birth. They will also scavenge the dead carcus of a dead dog/wolf if they are hungry enough, but they do not bury their dead as depicted in the video.
They do that. Cats do it as well. Its normal feeding behavior then.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Okay....in the link it was stated that it is rare for dogs to eat their young....It said nothing about a dog burrying a dead pup to be dug up and eaten later as you suggested.A wild or feral dog may have no problem doing this but a well fed pet dog is something different...The only thing I have seen cats burry is their poop.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
Okay....in the link it was stated that it is rare for dogs to eat their young....It said nothing about a dog burrying a dead pup to be dug up and eaten later as you suggested.A wild or feral dog may have no problem doing this but a well fed pet dog is something different...The only thing I have seen cats burry is their poop.
dogs bury food when they are well fed. That way they preserve it for not so good times.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah they do but I was just wondering if in such a case,of a well fed female,if she would resort to that with a dead and decaying pup.

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
Yeah they do but I was just wondering if in such a case,of a well fed female,if she would resort to that with a dead and decaying pup.
I think we can never know for sure. I guess we can't know how a dog thinks. Maybe she doesn't even remember it as her pup when its dead. I don't like to push human emotions over animal behavior. I think she either wants to eat it later or simply bury it away to keep the other pups clean from a decaying corpse.

Rocky5

Banned
Jun 25, 2013
E. Shaolin
Sup paw?! I dont mean to derail your thread, but I got all happy when I read this, I thought you found one of those bugs you were gonna catch to bite Eddie!!:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store