So, are We gonna' act like this never happened?

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
It depends so much on so many things.. location.. if in a place there is little food... whether it is a wild dog.. whether it was related to the pup... there is more to this then meets the eye.. even dogs normal habits in general would come into play.... some dogs bury everything.. some dogs do this in attempt to survive..some dogs do this so predators won't smell the body.. she might think this is a way to keep them away from her and her puppys..{if she has any} so many things..

DavidW

INCOMING!!!
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
Manaus, Brasil
dogs are much smarter than many people give them credit for, as are many other animals.
We try to make the case to ourselves for human superiority by comparing our own intelligence and abilities to that of other animals .....and then we find that actually many times the animals outwit us and our human hubris.
Dogs of course have certain natural behaviors......but that doesn't prove one way or the other the dog in the video's motivation for burying the pup. Dogs are certainly capable of emotions and empathy.

Here is a dog that can provably understand nouns verbs and prepositions with intelligence rated around that of a 2 and half year old human child.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...328097.html?utm_hp_ref=emotional-intelligence

Akuma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2013
Kyoto/Japan
You're still stuck on that hook?....I'm still wondering why you said you doubt the dog burried the pup when that was clearly what she did in the video.

My english is far from from perfect. I meant she clearly did not bury it for "human reasons" like sadness or some ceremony. She did bury it maybe as later food rescource and just to keep her litter clean. Same way birds kick dead or foul eggs out of their nesting place or cats bury their poop. That has nothing to do with "low or high intelligence". It´s simply some behavior that follows a specific reason. Without human standards. The video tries to make somethung cute and fuzzy out of something that no human can understand, simply because it is another species. Thats what i meant.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh,we'll thank you for finally clearing that up...Your English,as far as typing or writing,is pretty good which was why I didn't think that you had made a mistake and was wondering about your comment.

MaddMaxx

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2009
Abu Dhabi/NJ
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store